Social Work Services
SOCIAL WORKER EXT. Mary Palacios (Class of 2023) 6345 Joan Cushing (Class of 2024) 6374 Jennie Fanta (North Campus) 6386
SOCIAL WORKER EXT. Pam Locke (Class of 2025) 6518 Salvador Montes (Class of 2026) 6507 Bobbette Pulliam (South Campus) 6522
- evaluate student need for social work service and make recommendations as appropriate;
- provide both short-term and long-term individual casework to both regular and special education students;
- provide group work services to both regular and special education students; and
- provide crisis intervention to students, parents, and staff.
- participate in conferences with teaching staff, parents, and other school specialists including counselors, school psychologists, school nurses, and school administrators;
- coordinate and participate in multi-disciplinary staffing;
- participate in the evaluation of students for special education placement, make recommendations as appropriate, and conduct social developmental studies;
- provide supportive services to parents/guardians and families;
- supervise social work interns;
- consult with classroom teachers, counseling staff, paraprofessionals, and school administrators regarding student needs; and
- collaborate with school personnel in utilizing and providing in-school support programs for individual students.
School-Community Relations Services
- serve as a liaison between school personnel, families, and community agencies;
- aid in the identification of students needing community-based, preventive social services;
- consult with community representatives in the identification, development, and delivery of appropriate support services;
- collaborate with community agencies in planning and delivery of crisis intervention services; and
- collaborate with community agencies in planning and delivering intermediate and long-term support services.