Incoming Freshman Health Requirements
REQUIRED CHILD HEALTH EXAMINATION (PHYSICAL) FOR ENTERING HIGH SCHOOLMUST BE COMPLETED BY YOUR HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL AND RETURNED TO THE HEALTH OFFICE1. Completion of the State of IL Certificate of Child Health Examination is required of all incoming freshman.
- Schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider (MD, DO, APN, PA).
- The health examination must occur on or after 8/19/2018.
- Print the State of Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination to be completed during your appointment.
- Complete, sign and date the health history on page 2 of the State of IL Certificate of Child Health Examination for review with your student’s healthcare provider.
- We respectfully request you submit your child’s completed State of IL Certificate of Child Health Examination to the South Campus Health Office by June 10, 2019.
- Please note the State of IL Certificate of Child Health Examination is the only form that will be accepted for incoming freshman. A separate sports physical is not required.
2. Immunization records must be current and complete. A complete list of immunization requirements is available here.
3. Students with life threatening allergies, seizure disorder, diabetes, asthma and any other significant health concerns require additional medical documentation. Click here for these additional forms to take to your child’s health examination appointment.
4. Pertinent confidential medical information is shared with teachers and staff as appropriate and as needed. If your child has special health care needs, please contact the South Campus Health Office so we can prepare for your student’s arrival at LTHS.
5. Dental examinations are requested, but not yet required, for incoming 9th graders for the 2019-20 school year. According to P.A. 100-829, 9th graders will be required to have a dental examination. The rule making the process for implementation for this law may take up to 9 months.FAILURE TO PROVIDE REQUIRED HEALTH DOCUMENTS WILL DELAY YOUR STUDENTS START OF THE SCHOOL YEAR.
Completed health forms may be:
Please keep copies of all health forms for your records.
- Dropped off at the South Campus Health Office
- E-mailed to HealthServices@lths.net
- Mailed to: Lyons Township High School, South Campus Health Office, Attn: School Nurse, 4900 S. Willow Springs Rd., Western Springs, IL 60558