12TH GRADE MENINGITIS INFORMATION
Under the provisions of Illinois law, all 12th grade students are required to show documentation of receiving 2 doses of the meningococcal conjugate (meningitis) vaccine. Please carefully review the accepted minimum administration intervals:
- The first dose received on or after the 11th birthday;
- The second dose received on or after the 16th birthday; at least eight weeks after the 1st dose.
- Only one dose is required if the first dose was received at 16 years or older.
Lyons Township High School does have a first day exclusion policy; therefore, failure to provide adequate documentation prior to August 19, 2019 will prevent your student from starting on the first day of school.
Acceptable meningitis vaccination is documented as “MCV4,” “Menveo” or “Menactra” on an immunization record.
* Trumenba or Bexsero does NOT meet the IDPH Meningococccal vaccine requirement.
Accepted documentation to comply with the requirement includes any the following:
- Letter or note signed by your health care provider identifying the date(s) of the meningitis vaccination.
- Printout from your provider’s electronic medical record that indicates the meningitis vaccine was administered.
- Current Certificate of Child Health Examination form, specifying the date(s) the meningitis vaccination was administered and signed by health care professional.
Documentation may be:
- Dropped off at the North Campus Health Office or Main Office or
- E-mailed to HealthServices@lths.net
- Mailed to: Lyons Township High School, North Campus Health Office, Attn: School Nurse, 100 S. Brainard Ave., LaGrange, IL 60525
Please be sure you maintain a copy for your personal records.
Feel free to contact the North Campus Health Office at (708) 579-6363 during school hours if you have any questions. We encourage you to act now to avoid delay at processing in August.For more information on the minimum immunization requirements click here.