• Resident Students

    Only students who are residents of the District may attend a District school without a tuition charge, except as otherwise provided below or in State law. A student’s residence is the same as the person who has legal custody of the student.

    A person asserting legal custody over a student, who is not the child’s natural or adoptive parent, shall complete a signed statement, stating: (a) that they have assumed and exercises legal responsibility for the child, (b) the reason the child lives with them, other than to receive an education in the District, and (c) that they exercise full control over the child regarding daily educational and medical decisions in case of emergency. If the District knows the current address of the child's natural or adoptive parent, the District shall request in writing that the person complete a signed statement or affidavit stating: (a) the role and responsibility of the person with whom their child is living, and (b) that the person with whom the child is living has full control over the child regarding daily educational and medical decisions in case of emergency.

    A student whose family moves out of the District during the school year will be permitted to attend school for the remainder of the year without payment of tuition.

  • Requests for Nonresident Student Admission

    Non-resident students may attend District schools upon the approval of a request submitted by the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) for non-resident admission. The Superintendent may approve the request subject to the following:

    1. The student will attend on a year-to-year basis. Approval for any one year is not authorization to attend a following year.

    2. The student will be accepted only if there is sufficient room.

    3. The student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) will be charged the maximum amount of tuition as allowed by State law.

    4. The student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) will be responsible for transporting the student to and from school.

  • Admission of Nonresident Students Pursuant to an Agreement or Order

    Nonresident students may attend District schools tuition-free pursuant to:

    1. A written agreement with an adjacent school district to provide for tuition-free attendance by a student of that district, provided both the Superintendent or designee and the adjacent district determine that the student’s health and safety will be served by such attendance.

    2. A written agreement with cultural exchange organizations and institutions supported by charity to provide for tuition-free attendance by foreign exchange students and nonresident pupils of charitable institutions.

    3. According to an intergovernmental agreement.

    4. Whenever any State or federal law or a court order mandates the acceptance of a nonresident student.

  • Military Residence

    When a student's change of residence is due to the military service obligation of the student's legal custodian, the student's residence is deemed to be unchanged for the duration of the custodian's military service obligation if the student's custodian made a written request. The District, however, is not responsible for the student's transportation to or from school.

    If, at the time of enrollment, a dependent child of military personnel is housed in temporary housing located outside of the District, but will be living within the District within six months after the time of initial enrollment, the child is allowed to enroll, subject to the requirements of State law, and must not be charged tuition.