What is the LT Parent Teacher Council (PTC)?
Parent Teacher Council is a volunteer organization that is not affiliated with any other state or national organization such as PTA or PTO. PTC has been in existence for more than 60 years, and membership includes parents, teachers and staff. The purpose of PTC is to promote a healthy working relationship and an open line of communication between home and school. To achieve this goal, PTC enlists the support of everyone in the LT community. Some of the special services provided by PTC include:
- Publishing the parent/phone directory; distributed to all members at registration. Additional directories are available at each campus bookstore.
- Providing funding to support students, clubs, organizations and LT community activities.
- Providing volunteers for all types of school functions and all school departments as needed.
- Sponsoring several scholarships for graduating seniors.
- Sponsoring and hosting yearly staff appreciation luncheons at both campuses for LTHS faculty and staff during National Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Sponsoring a Bus Driver Safety breakfast in the fall.
- Sponsoring the Safe Post Prom event that follows the Senior Prom in the spring - one of the PTC’s most important projects!
PTC Sponsors FUN at LTHS!
What Does Your $25 PTC Donation Fund?
#1 STUDENT GRANTS FOR CLUBS AND PROJECTS#2 POST PROM EVENT#3 YOUR STUDENT DIRECTORY & LT SCHOOL CALENDAR#4 STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS#5 TEACHER APPRECIATION#6 PARENT UNIVERSITY
PLEASE HELP SUPPORT OUR KIDS AND JOIN THE PTC TODAY! YOU TRULY MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Please Join the PTC!
We welcome new members to the PTC. Click here to join through the LT webstore (Membership).To pay by cash via the bookstore, download and complete the PTC Membership Form and follow the directions.Thanks for your participation!
The PTC meets fives times a year. Throughout the year guest speakers and special topics of interest to parents are scheduled during the meetings. Parents are encouraged to drop in at meetings and get involved, whether it’s attending a meeting or volunteering to serve on a committee or as a chaperone for a school event.
Join us for our kick off meeting on August 28th. We'll meet at 7pm at Salernos in Countryside.
The PTC meets the remaining 2019-2020 school year at LT - South Campus in Room D103 (Vita Plena room):
All parents are encouraged to join the PTC Board and Commmittee Chairs at any meeting.
For more information about the PTC, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer and to discuss any PTC business.PresidentLaureen Topperlthsptc.email@example.comVice PresidentArlene Cabanalthsptc.firstname.lastname@example.orgTreasurerJoan Hoigardlths204ptctreas@gmail.comSecretary/RecordingMichelle Rauschlthsptc.email@example.comDirectoryJill Sistinoltptc.firstname.lastname@example.orgPublicity/Social Media Co-ChairsMarietta Burnsmarietta5of7@gmail.comMonica Nicolamnicola@lths.netPost Prom Co-ChairsCourtney MennaJeanette Lloydlthspostprom@gmail.comPost Prom TreasurerBarb Lee-Caraccilthspostprom@gmail.comStaff Appreciation Co-ChairsJanine Zulanasjaninezulanas@yahoo.comJennifer Curlottjmnd22@hotmail.comPTC WebpageEdie Tarterlthsptc.email@example.comFreshman ExperienceJen Barniclelthsptc.firstname.lastname@example.orgFundraisingChristina FryzelVolunteer SupportAnnette Henry