Parents - Post Prom Needs You!
WHAT IS POST PROM?Every May, LTHS Parent Teacher Council (PTC) organizes a safe Post Prom event for almost 1,000 teenagers. The event kicks off immediately after the prom itself when the students are escorted aboard a cruise ship at Navy Pier. Students enjoy themselves in a safe and secure environment while they enjoy the view if the beautiful Chicago skyline. Every year, PTC holds fundraisers to offset costs and keep Post Prom ticket prices manageable.PTC has sponsored this event for 32 years and are honored to keep this memorable LT tradition alive for LTHS teens. To make this possible, we need parent and community assistance for fundraising and volunteering to make this wonderful event possible. Please consider helping in some way. To volunteer or donate, contact email@example.com.Please support our LTHS Post Prom 2020 sponsors listed on our Fundraiser Page.
TO VOLUNTEER, CONTACT LTHSPOSTPROM@GMAIL.COM TODAY!
TO DONATE, CLICK HERE: DONATE TO POST PROM HERE
Post Prom Chair-September-May 30-40 hours in total average 3 hours a month
- Coordinate fundraising activities throughout the year which is sending out letters to local businesses merger list is already formatted, posting letter for parent donations, requesting donations for the on line auction.
- Hold 2-3 meetings either in person or via conference calls
- Apply for fundraising permit through village
- Coordinate with the LT Director of Activities
- Report or send updates for PTC meetings
- Send Donor thank you notes
Post Prom Co-Chair-September-May 30-40 hours in total average 3 hours a month
- Liaison between PTC, Odyssey and LT before Prom Night
- Attend Prom without being a chaperone!
- Recruit some parent volunteers to support teacher chaperones
- Work with parents to have volunteers at school events to sell raffle tickets
- Works in tandem with Post Prom chair
Online Auction Chair-Winter/early Spring 25-30 hours
- Send mailing to previous donors and obtain prizes from businesses, LT for Graduation tickets, parking spots etc. and Boosters Merchandise
- Set up and oversee online auction and distribute prizes
- Online tool is EASY to use from home
Raffle Chair-Spring Semester 15-20 hours
- Coordinate mailing to families for raffle orders
- Solicit 2 or more raffle prizes
- Oversee prep of raffle tickets and drawing
- Coordination of tracking spreadsheet which is reported to Treasurer for reconciliation
Post-Prom Treasurer-1-2 hours a month majority of time commitment March-May
To volunteer or learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
- Responsible for bookkeeping for Post Prom