SAT SUBJECT TESTS: Beginning May 2
- All SAT Subject tests are subject to cancellation/change due to restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How do I register for future SAT Subject tests?
- Register to take the SAT at https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register.
- When are the next SAT Subject test dates?
- August 29, 2020
- October 3, 2020
- November 7, 2020 (this test is hosted at LTHS)
- December 5, 2020
- May 8, 2021 (this test is hosted at LTHS)
- June 5, 2021
- Where can I find more information about the National SAT Subject tests?
- Click on this link for more information: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register
Purpose: The purpose of the SAT Subject Test is two-fold:
11th and 12th grade studentsIs the SAT Subject test optional or required?
- According to the College Board website, the SAT Test and the SAT Subject Tests “provide a path to opportunities, financial support and scholarships, in a way that's fair to all students”. (http://sat.collegeboard.org/about-tests)
- The SAT Subject Tests allow you to demonstrate your proficiency in a specific subject.
The SAT Subject Test is optional; however, college-bound students may be asked to provide this test score by the college or university they plan to attend.What areas does the SAT Subject test cover?
20 SAT Subject Test are offered in 5 general areas, each test is one hour long:
2020-2021 SAT Subject Test Dates and Registration Deadlines
SUBJECT TEST DATE
August 29, 2020
July 31, 2020
October 3, 2020
September 4, 2020
November 7, 2020
October 7, 2020
December 5, 2020
November 5, 2020
May 8, 2021
April 8, 2021
June 5, 2021
May 6, 2021How do I register for the SAT Subject Test?
- Students must sign-up online through the College Board website (https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat-subject-tests/register/online-registration).
- The SAT Subject Test registration fee is $26.00. The fee for each test your select is $22.00 each. (TOTAL $48.00 for one subject test)
- The late registration fee is $30.00 in addition to the test registration and subject test fees.
- Students must upload a photo as part of their online registration. (http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/photo-requirements).
- "Waitlist" testing is available if you miss the LATE deadline to register for a test date. The waitlist testing fee is $53.00 in addition to the test fee for your test option and is charged only if you are admitted to the test center on test day.
TEST DAY INSTRUCTIONS
Test Location:The SAT subject test will be administered at LTHS North Campus. Students should enter through the Clock Tower entrance and proceed to the lobby outside of the Reber Center by 7:45 a.m. From there, students will be directed to a testing room.Students need to bring their photo ID, their SAT Admission Ticket, #2 non-mechanical pencils, an eraser, and a College Board approved calculator, if applicable. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE TEST WITHOUT THEIR ADMISSION TICKET AND PHOTO ID.Can I bring a snack?Due to the length of the test, a snack is not necessary. Please do not bring a water bottle to the test. There are water fountains available.Can I bring my cell phone?: Students may bring a cell phone, however, the phone MUST BE POWERED COMPLETELY OFF DURING TESTING. If a cell phone is activated during testing, the student’s test will be voided.
SCORE REPORTING INFORMATION
How do I receive my SAT Subject test scores?
Students’ scores are available for online viewing on the student’s SAT account 5 weeks after the test. If a student would also like a papers score report, it must be requested when they register. http://sat.collegeboard.org/scores
For more information regarding the SAT Subject tests, please visit the College Board website: http://sat.collegeboard.org/about-tests/sat-subject-tests.