Purpose:The purpose of the PSAT 10 test is:
- To provide practice for the SAT test.
- According to the College Board website, the PSAT 10 "focuses on the skills and knowledge at the heart of education".
- For additional information regarding PSAT 10, please visit the College Board website: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/inside-the-test.
Who takes the PSAT 10?
All 10th grade studentsIs the PSAT 10 test optional or required?The PSAT 10 test is required for all LTHS sophomores.What areas does the PSAT 10 test cover?
The test consists of three multiple choice subtests: reading, writing and language, and math.
- Reading test: One literature passage, one or a pair of passages from either a U.S. founding document or a test in the great global conversation they inspired, a social science selection, and two science passages (60 minutes)
- Writing and Language test: Editing passages (could include arguments or narratives (35 minutes)
- Math test (Calculator and non-Calculator sections): linear equations and systems, problem solving, data analysis, and complex equations (25 minutes-non-calculator; 45 minutes -calculator)
Test Date:For 2021, the Illinois State Board of Education has cancelled the PSAT 10. There will be no PSAT 10 administered in 2021.Registration Deadline:Not applicable
How do I register for the PSAT 10 test?
There is NO separate registration form for the PSAT 10 test.What do I do if I missed the PSAT 10 test?
Not applicable for 2021.
Test Location:The PSAT 10 test will be administered at LTHS South Campus in the gyms and the Fieldhouse. Students must report to their testing room by 7:45 a.m.What should I bring on test day?Students need to bring their photo ID, #2 non-mechanical pencils, an eraser, and a calculator. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ADMITTED TO THE TEST WITHOUT THE PHOTO ID.Can I bring a snack?Due to the length of the test, a snack is not necessary. Please do not bring a water bottle to the test. There are water fountains available.Can I bring my cell phone?Students may bring a cell phone, however, the phone MUST BE POWERED COMPLETELY OFF DURING TESTING. If a cell phone is activated during testing, the student’s test may be voided.