General Information

  • Students with an IEP or 504 plan and students in the English Language Learner program may be eligible for testing accommodations on standardized assessments such as the ACT, SAT suite, and Advanced Placement (AP) exams. Testing accommodations are included in a student’s IEP or 504 plan and are carefully selected by the IEP and 504 team to meet the needs of each individual student.

    Students diagnosed with a disability by a professional who do not have an IEP or 504 plan but want testing accommodations should contact the Office of Assessment and Research for help applying. All students without a formal plan, will need to provide the following information for the application process:

    • Students diagnosed or re-confirmed within the last three years will need full confirmation of the diagnosis (including educational testing results).
      • The professional diagnosing the disability or need for accommodation should have credentials that are appropriate to the diagnosis.
    • Please note, the application will explicitly ask if students requesting accommodations currently receive these accommodations in daily schoolwork. Without a formal IEP/504 plan, we have to select no to this question.
    • Appropriate consent forms.
      • The ACT Consent to Release form will be included in the email instructions from ACT.
      • College Board
    • For ACT documentation requirements, click here.
    • For SAT documentation requirements, click here.

Application Dates and Information

  • ACT:

    If a student wishes to take a national ACT, they should denote they have testing accommodations when registering for the assessment. This will notify the staff at LTHS that accommodations have been requested, and the student’s case manager/504 coordinator will complete the application process. All accommodations requests must be submitted two weeks before the late registration deadline.

    More information on the ACT application process can be found here.

    College Board Assessments:

    A student’s special education case manager or the 504 coordinator will apply for College Board accommodations each winter in preparation of April PSAT and SAT assessments and spring AP exams. If a student plans to take a fall PSAT or SAT, they must reach out to their case manager/504 coordinator two weeks before the published accommodations deadline. It can take 7 weeks for accommodations to be approved, so plan accordingly. More information on the College Board (PSAT, SAT, AP) application process can be found here.


    All accommodations decisions are made by College Board and/or ACT. All questions on decisions made by the testing companies should go directly to the respective company.

Application Procedures