Transfer Students New to Lyons Township High School District 204


  • The Lyons Township High School District 204 boundaries map is available here.  Please confirm your new place of residency is within our district boundaries before getting started.

    You will be required to complete the Online Registration (OLR) and bring in the original documents listed below. Once you have completed the OLR and gathered all your documents, please call (708) 579-6500 (Freshmen/Sophomore registration) or (708) 579-6300 (Junior/Senior registration) to make an appointment to bring in your paperwork. All documents must be acceptable to the District. Students who move into the District to live with relatives or friends for the purpose of attending District 204 are NOT considered legal residents in the District and therefore cannot be admitted to the school.

    2023-24 Residency Verification Form (click here)

    You must thoroughly read, complete, print, and sign the 2023-2024 Residency Verification form. Page two of this form identifies documentation that is needed to prove residency.

    Government-Issued Photo Identification (Category A)

    Your government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license with your new in-district address, or confirmation from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) of your address change.

    Housing Documentation (Category B)

    Document(s) must show your name and in-district address.

    • Current lease (Must be signed by both lessor and lessee and show rental during the 2023-2024 academic year) with canceled security deposit check and recent rent check (or receipts for these payments). All 3 documents (lease, security deposit, and rent receipt) are required. -OR-
    • Most recent real estate tax bill. -OR-
    • Mortgage statement (less than thirty days old). -OR-
    • Bill of sale or closing statement (if house was purchased within the past two months). -OR-
    • Military housing letter.

    Supporting Residency Documentation (Category C)

    Bring in TWO of the following documents clearly showing your name and in-district address. Each must be dated within the past thirty days unless otherwise indicated. 

    • Homeowner’s/Renter’s insurance. -OR-
    • Bank Statement. -OR-
    • Utility bill showing both service and billing addresses. -OR-
    • Cable bill showing both service and billing addresses. -OR-
    • Letter from a federal or state agency. -OR-
    • Village Water/Sewer Bill showing both service and billing addresses.

Birth Certificate

  • Bring in an original government-issued birth certificate. We will make a copy and return the original.

Health Requirements

  • All incoming freshmen are required to provide:

    1) Health examination with proof of immunizations prior to the first day of school. This must be completed by an MD, DO, APN, or PA, dated on or after 8/21/22, and documented on the Illinois Certificate of Child Health Examination. A separate sports physical is not required.

    2) Dental examination by no later than May 15, 2024. This dental examination must be completed by a licensed dentist on or after 11/15/22 and documented on the IDPH Dental Examination Form.

    All incoming seniors are required to provide documentation of two doses of meningococcal conjugate vaccine prior to the first day of school. You can find more information here.

    Out-of-state transfer students have additional requirements. You can find more information here.

    All student-athletes must have a current IHSA Pre-Participation Examination on file in Infinite Campus prior to tryouts. Sports physicals are valid for 395 days from the date completed by the healthcare provider. Students and parents/guardians are able to check a student’s last sports physical date in the Health Section of their Infinite Campus Portal. A separate sports physical is not required for freshmen.

    Students with health needs during the school day, including administration of over-the-counter medication, require additional documentation. You can find more information here.

    Please submit all health documentation electronically as JPEG or PDF during Online Registration or to Documents will be processed in the order they are received.

Academic Records

  • Incoming freshmen: Submit the student’s eighth grade report card and/or most recent standardized test scores.

    Non-freshmen: Submit the following documentation:

    • Transcript - Submit an unofficial copy of the student’s transcript. Our Registrar will request an official transcript from the prior school.
    • Leaving in Good Standing Form - You must notify your student’s prior school that the student will not be returning. Request a signed copy of a “Leaving in Good Standing” form from the prior school. If the student attended an Illinois high school, this is the ISBE Student Transfer form 33-78.

Online Registration (OLR) - Transfer Students

  • Use this link to complete the Online Registration (OLR). When you are finished with the OLR and have submitted your application, call to make an appointment to drop off your residency documentation.

    Please note that if you are registering more than one student, you will still complete only one OLR. You will have the opportunity to add information about each student within the application.

    If you need general OLR assistance, please contact Belinda Salutric at

    If you need language assistance to complete the OLR, please call (708) 579-6300.


    Once the entire registration application (OLR and all documentation) has been approved, you will be notified of the process for selecting your student’s courses for the 2023-2024 academic year.

    Please contact the main office if you have any questions about the transfer process:

    • Freshmen and Sophomores: (708) 579-6500
    • Juniors and Seniors: (708) 579-6300


    NOTE: Lyons Township High School reserves the right to conduct a physical residency check at any time from the start of registration through the end of the 2023-2024 academic year.

IEP/504 Paperwork (if applicable)

  • Submit a copy of the student’s most recent, signed IEP or 504 Plan documentation. This documentation will be reviewed by staff specialists prior to academic course selection for the 2023-2024 school year.