On Monday, January 11, LTHS will transition to the 50% Hybrid/Remote Learning model. For details, bell schedules, and a monthly calendar, please click here. Here are a few additional notes regarding our preparations for Monday:
- Students will again be required to show verification of their parents/guardians completing the Qualtrics Daily Screener each morning before they enter our campuses. Please be aware that all parents/guardians will receive the daily screener e-mails beginning on Monday, January 11. Please remind your parent/guardian to complete the screener each morning if you are going to be on campus for any reason.
- Earlier this week, all parents were asked to complete a survey indicating their preference for hybrid/remote. This survey closed on Thursday afternoon and all parents who selected hybrid were sent a subsequent follow-up survey which includes a link to opt their student out of lunch or study hall. Student status regarding hybrid or remote will reflect their status as indicated on the surveys. The quickest way to change your status is to encourage your parent/guardian to e-mail the appropriate grade-level Assistant Principal:
- Bus routes will resume on Monday morning. If you qualify to use LT’s bus service, please click here for route and stop information.
- A reminder regarding our health and safety protocols are included further down in this message.
LTHS Health and Safety Protocols
In collaboration with our school nurses and local healthcare professionals, LT has developed comprehensive protocols to assist in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 within our school and community. To review staff details about LT’s COVID-19 Prevention efforts, click here. All staff completed this training between August 13-19. All students were asked to review a similar version of this document prior to October 19.
LT’s COVID-19 prevention measures involve four primary strategies:
- Wash Hands Frequently
All students, staff, and visitors to our campuses are asked to frequently wash their hands with soap and water, or use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Non-touch hand sanitizer dispensers are available at all entrances and hand sanitizer will be available in all instructional spaces and office areas. If your classroom or office area runs out of hand sanitizer, please visit your campus Bookstore to obtain more.
- Wear a Face Covering
All students, staff, and visitors to our campuses must wear a face covering at all times. The face covering must fit snugly around the nose and over the chin. All students and staff have been or will be provided with a cloth LT mask, but we will also have temporary face coverings available at each campus for students, staff, and visitors who do not have one. In addition, please note that face coverings with exhalation valves are not allowed. In the event, due to medical reasons, a student cannot wear a face covering, parents must submit a medical consent form to our Health Services Office, which will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Complete a Daily Health Screener
All parents will be asked to continue to complete a daily Qualtrics screener. The daily Qualtrics screener provides screening for symptoms and exposure related to COVID-19. Once the parent completes the screener, the parent and the student will receive an e-mail indicating they are approved (green) or declined (red) from attending in-person learning or other on-campus activities for that specific day. The student will receive the confirmation or denial e-mail to their LT Google account and must show this in order to enter our campuses each morning. Parents must complete the screener each weekday that their child is schedule to attend in-person instruction. In the event a parent does not complete the daily screener or makes a mistake on the screener, the student will complete a separate screening process and will be delayed upon their arrival to our campuses.
- Practice Social Distancing
Social distancing is an important component of our health and safety protocols. Students are asked to arrive no earlier than 8:45am on their assigned day of in-person learning and will be asked to report immediately to their classrooms upon arrival to school. Our hallways and stairwells have been marked with directional signage to assist with social distancing. Within classrooms, we have removed all unnecessary furniture, and seating charts will be developed for each class period to assist with contact tracing efforts. With that said, we acknowledge that some classrooms during specific class periods (based on alpha splits) will not allow for 6 feet distancing in all situations. Please continue to reach out to Shanna Lewis (SC) and Kevin Brown (NC) if you have questions regarding classroom set-ups and removal of furniture. In addition, restroom usage for students should be encouraged during class periods (rather than during passing periods) in order to avoid large gatherings that can occur during passing periods. Students will continue to not have access to lockers (including PE and Athletic Lockers), so they should plan to carry all necessary materials for each school day in their book bag. Finally, traditional water fountains have been disabled. As a result, we encourage students and staff to use personal reusable water bottles at the water filling stations at each campus.