National Honor Society (NHS)
NHS is designed to foster a sense of community amongst academically motivated students as well as an avenue to be seen as leaders and promote community service within the school and community. The organization hopes to exemplify these four pillars: character, service, leadership and service.
- Attend monthly meetings (7 meetings)
- Acquire 15 volunteer hours
- Participate in volunteer activities at LTHS
- Log volunteer hours into NHS website within 2 weeks of service and send verification to the sponsors
- Participate in the NHS Day of Service in April
*Failure to meet expectations will result in the revoking of NHS membership and students will not be given gold (membership) or white (with honors) chords for graduation.