What is the LT Parent Teacher Council (PTC)?
Parent Teacher Council is a volunteer organization that is not affiliated with any other state or national organization such as PTA or PTO. PTC has been in existence for more than 60 years, and membership includes parents, teachers and staff. The purpose of PTC is to promote a healthy working relationship and an open line of communication between home and school. To achieve this goal, PTC enlists the support of everyone in the LT community. Some of the special services provided by PTC include:
- Publishing the parent/phone directory; distributed to all members at registration. Additional directories are available at each campus bookstore.
- Providing funding to support students, clubs, organizations and LT community activities.
- Providing volunteers for all types of school functions and all school departments as needed.
- Sponsoring several scholarships for graduating seniors.
- Sponsoring and hosting yearly staff appreciation luncheons at both campuses for LTHS faculty and staff during National Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Sponsoring a Bus Driver Safety breakfast in the fall.
- Sponsoring the Safe Post Prom event that follows the Senior Prom in the spring - one of the PTC’s most important projects!
The PTC meets fives times a year. Throughout the year guest speakers and special topics of interest to parents are scheduled during the meetings. Parents are encouraged to drop in at meetings and get involved, whether it’s attending a meeting or volunteering to serve on a committee or as a chaperone for a school event.
The remaining 2020-21 meetings are scheduled for:
- November 4
- January 6
- March 3
- May 5
All parents are encouraged to join the PTC Board and Committee Chairs at any meeting.
Please Join the PTC!
We welcome new members to the PTC. Click here to join through the LT webstore (Membership).To pay by cash via the bookstore, download and complete the PTC Membership Form and follow the directions.Thanks for your participation!
For more information about the PTC, contact email@example.com to volunteer and to discuss any PTC business.OFFICERS:PresidentArlene Cabanalthsptc.firstname.lastname@example.orgVice PresidentVipul Dedhialthsptc.email@example.comTreasurerJoan Hoigardlths204ptctreas@gmail.comSecretary/RecordingJanine Zulanaslthsptc.firstname.lastname@example.orgCOMMITTEE CHAIRS:DirectoryPTC Boardltptc.email@example.comPost PromJeanette Lloydlthspostprom@gmail.comPost Prom TreasurerBarb Lee-Caraccilthspostprom@gmail.comPublicity/Social Media Co-ChairsMarietta Burnsptcgrantpix@gmail.comMonica NicolaJanine ZulanasJennifer Curlottlthsptc.firstname.lastname@example.orgPTC WebpageMonica NicolaAnnette Henrylthsptc.email@example.com
What Does Your $25 PTC Donation Fund?
#1 STUDENT GRANTS FOR CLUBS AND PROJECTS#2 POST PROM EVENT#3 YOUR STUDENT DIRECTORY & LT SCHOOL CALENDAR#4 STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS#5 TEACHER APPRECIATION#6 PARENT UNIVERSITY
PLEASE HELP SUPPORT OUR KIDS AND JOIN THE PTC TODAY! YOU TRULY MAKE A DIFFERENCE!