- evaluate student need for social work service and make recommendations as appropriate;
- provide both short-term and long-term individual casework to both regular and special education students;
- provide group work services to both regular and special education students; and
- provide crisis intervention to students, parents, and staff.
- participate in conferences with teaching staff, parents, and other school specialists including counselors, school psychologists, school nurses, and school administrators;
- coordinate and participate in multi-disciplinary staffing;
- participate in the evaluation of students for special education placement, make recommendations as appropriate, and conduct social developmental studies;
- provide supportive services to parents/guardians and families;
- supervise social work interns;
- consult with classroom teachers, counseling staff, paraprofessionals, and school administrators regarding student needs; and
- collaborate with school personnel in utilizing and providing in-school support programs for individual students.
School-Community Relations Services
- serve as a liaison between school personnel, families, and community agencies;
- aid in the identification of students needing community-based, preventive social services;
- consult with community representatives in the identification, development, and delivery of appropriate support services;
- collaborate with community agencies in planning and delivery of crisis intervention services; and
- collaborate with community agencies in planning and delivering intermediate and long-term support services.