September is Suicide Prevention Month.According to The Center for Disease Control Statistics, Suicide is the second leading cause of death for youth ages 10-24.
Four out of five teens who attempt suicide give clear warning signs; warning Signs of suicidal ideation include, but are not limited, to the following:
If you notice these warning signs in someone, please tell a parent or trusted adult immediately!
- Talking about suicide
- Making statements about feeling hopeless, helpless, or worthless
- A deepening depression
- Preoccupation with death
- Taking unnecessary risks or exhibiting self-destructive behavior
- Out of character behavior
- A loss of interest in the things one cares about
- Giving prized possessions away
Staff is available on school days during regular school hours.
Dr. James Harazin
Fridays 7:30-8:30am NC 12Tuesdays 7:30-8:30am SC A104