Purpose & Mission
The Office of Assessment and Research measures, and then communicates the academic performance and growth achieved by the students of LTHS to staff, students, parents, community members, and associate schools.
The Office of Assessment and Research ensures more students learn more by collaborating with the staff of LTHS to collect, analyze, use, and react to data and education research.
- All testing is subject to change or cancellation due to restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Registrations for Saturday national tests are handled completely by the testing companies (ACT, Inc. and College Board). LTHS serves as the host site and has no ability to register students or select students for our test site.
The College Board has posted SAT testing updates on their website. Please be aware of the following regarding these updates:
- Regarding the STATE SAT that was cancelled last April—
- This test is required for graduation
- Any Grade 12 student who did not take this test on Sept. 23 or Oct. 14 is scheduled to take the State SAT with Essay on April 13, 2021.
- College Admission Requirements—TEST OPTIONAL
- There are currently over 1200 colleges and universities that are making the standardized test an optional component for admission.
- A list of the colleges and universities is available here: https://fairtest.org/university/optional