Seniors (Update 5/27/20)
Class of 2020 Graduates and Families-We are excited to celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2020, and want to provide a few reminders as we prepare to distribute diplomas (Thursday and Friday) and celebrate the Class of 2020 with a virtual commencement ceremony (Sunday). Here are a few reminders as we prepare to further honor our seniors!
We have developed tomorrow’s plan in collaboration with local health officials, police agencies, and the Village of LaGrange in an effort to make this a special event for our graduates while also protecting the health and safety of our students and staff. To that end, we are asking for everyone’s cooperation in following the directions provided.Finally, we invite all graduates and families to watch LTTV YouTube Online at 2:00pm on Sunday, May 31, to watch the Class of 2020 Commencement Ceremony. The ceremony will include student speeches, recognition of student awards and scholarships, and the traditional reading of graduate’s names.
- Each graduate has been assigned a 15-minute time slot on Thursday, May 28 or Friday, May 29. In order to find your time slot, please click here and enter your first or last name.
- Each graduate should arrive during their allotted time via vehicle (one vehicle per graduate) and pull up on Park Road facing north along the west side of North Campus. LT personnel will assist you once you arrive.
- We ask each graduate to arrive with a face covering. However, please know that the graduate will have an opportunity to have a picture taken without their face covering.
- Students will receive their Diploma Cover, Diploma, two (2) Class of 2020 Commencement Ceremony Programs, and two (2) Class of 2020 Commencement Ceremony commemorative tickets.
- Graduates are welcome to wear their cap and gown. For those students who did not order a cap and gown, extras will be available for purchase on Thursday and Friday. However, please note that students will still be able to receive their diploma if they arrive without their cap and gown.
- Each graduate will have a professional photo taken and will be provided with a free digital “downloadable” picture, courtesy of the Lyons Township High School Alumni Association. Visual Image Photography will work carefully with LTHS staff to maintain safety. VIP’s photo station will be clearly marked, and photographers will be equipped and trained to ensure safe social distancing. Shortly after photo day an email will be sent to you with a direct link to your graduate’s individual online photo gallery, where you can immediately download your complimentary image provided to you, free of charge courtesy of the Lyons Township High School Alumni Association, and order other prints or products to be delivered directly to your home within approximately four weeks. Families with questions can email email@example.com or call 262-375-4457.
- Following the photo, the graduate will re-enter the vehicle, and the vehicle will be directed to proceed east on Cossitt Ave. toward Brainard Ave.
- Please also note there is rain in the forecast for Thursday. We have two alternate setups that we will utilize in the event of inclement weather.
Congratulations to the Class of 2020!Brian Waterman, PrincipalLyons Township High School