This department covers all internal and external communications pertinent to the TV Club and the student-managed departments within LTTV. This includes the regular announcements heard at both North Campus and South Campus, the publication and distribution of flyers, posters, and other promotional materials, and the regular email and phone contact with crew for reminders about shoots.
This department also creates and manages content and promotional material for the LTTV website and other online pages or groups.
Finally, this department is responsible for organizing community outreach efforts to promote awareness of LTTV. This includes Fall and Spring open houses, studio tours, truck tours at local middle and elementary schools, our M.A.N.E. film festival, and any other relevant events that we would like to highlight.
The department head in this position would likely spend 2-4 hours per week fulfilling his or her duties
- Create the fliers for the 2 TV Club meetings each month. After fliers are stamped for approval, post fliers at both campuses (35 per campus)
- Work with Ms. Fay to write and submit the P.A. announcements for club meetings (twice per month, the week prior to the meeting)
- Co-produce the weekly student announcements news show with the ENG Director (featuring announcements for students, upcoming events, highlights for the upcoming programming week on LTTV, etc.)
- Design and print up brochures for students and parents for open houses, parent-teacher conferences, Co-Curricular Night, Future Freshman Night, etc.)
- Administer LTTV Facebook page and create unique content (cartoons, videos, animations, behind-the-scenes pictures, etc.)
- Oversee the contest for designing the new LTTV black crew shirts
- Create an 8th grade Open House event for LTTV (featuring studio tours and truck tours in September and again in May). Coordinate with WLTL.
- Work with Jennifer Bialobok (LTHS P.R.) on press releases related to LTTV