The LT College Career Center will take part in a workshop for college bound students interested in learning practical, usable information about standardized testing and college admissions. Entitled Navigating Admission Testing, the virtual workshop is scheduled for Wednesday, December 1, at 7pm.
In response to the pandemic, colleges have radically adjusted their admission testing policies. Hear from the experts at Compass Education Group, Hinsdale Central, Lyons Township, and Riverside-Brookfield as they lead a thoughtful and pragmatic discussion of college admission testing and the recent outcomes of the test optional movement.
Presentation topics will include:
- The evolving role of ACT, SAT, and AP Exam scores in specific contexts
- Making sense of the subtlety and variety of testing policies
- Fresh admissions data from test score submitters and non-submitters
- Making an informed choice between the ACT and SAT
- The diagnostic value of the PSAT and other practice tests
- Optimal calendaring and smart approaches to test preparation and testing
- The future of online testing
To register, click: compassprep.com/schools/hchs-lths-rbhs