Skip To Main Content










Testing Accommodations

Students with an IEP or 504 plan and students in the English Language Learner program may be eligible for testing accommodations on standardized assessments such as the ACT, SAT suite, and Advanced Placement (AP) exams.

Testing accommodations are included in a student’s IEP or 504 plan and are carefully selected by the IEP and 504 team to meet the needs of each individual student.

Students diagnosed with a disability by a professional who do not have an IEP or 504 plan but want testing accommodations should contact the Office of Assessment and Research for help applying. All students without a formal plan, will need to provide the following information for the application process:

  • Students diagnosed or re-confirmed within the last three years will need full confirmation of the diagnosis (including educational testing results).
    • The professional diagnosing the disability or need for accommodation should have credentials that are appropriate to the diagnosis.
  • Please note, the application will explicitly ask if students requesting accommodations currently receive these accommodations in daily schoolwork. Without a formal IEP/504 plan, we have to select no to this question.
  • Appropriate consent forms.
    • The ACT Consent to Release form will be included in the email instructions from ACT.
    • College Board

ACT Documentation Requirements    SAT Documentation Requirements


All accommodations decisions are made by College Board and/or ACT. All questions on decisions made by the testing companies should go directly to the respective company.

Application Procedures