2023 Spring and Summer Training and Important Dates
1. Spring Weight lifting begins Monday, February 27 – The North Campus weight room is open Monday – Friday from 3:10pm – 4:20pm (Coach Powell will have a specific workout program designed for each individual wrestler)
2. Open Mats Dates and Times: TBA
3. Greco State – Saturday, April 29 at DeKalb High School Freestyle State – Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7 at the Armory in Champaign, IL
4. LT Wrestling Camp – June 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22 from 1:00pm – 2:30pm in NC Vaughan Gym (Register Here). Wrestling II = Grades 6-12
5. University of Illinois Team Camp – June 25–28 ($250) This is available to all Lyons Township Wrestlers grades 9– 12 - Coach Powell will register the team as a group. More information on U of IL team camp will be provided soon.
Club Wrestling Opportunities
Joining a club is highly recommended if you want to take your wrestling to the next level!
Izzy Style Wrestling: https://izzystylewrestling.com/ Starts: March 13th
Beat the Streets Wrestling: https://www.btschicago.org/ Starts: March 20th
Beebe Trained: https://www.beebetrained.com/illinois.html Starts: March 27th
Please contact Coach Powell with any questions at email@example.com
For More Information
Griff Powell, Varsity Head CoachMac Casella, Sophomore Head CoachToby Casella, Frosh Head CoachDarwin Depina, Girls CoachMark King, Varsity/JVTyler Zeman, Varsity/JVDave Root, Freshman